Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Found Snack!


I was at Whole Foods yesterday and I found this awesome new snack that I thought I would share with everyone!  Snacks are great for healthy eaters because if you are eating healthy and working out you will be hungry in between meals! And that is OK!!! Snacking causes you to eat less during meals and helps to keep your metabolism going throughout the day!

Here is the reveal of my new snack:

Dry roasted edamame (ed-ah-MAH-may).  Now if you have never had edamame- it is so wonderful. It is soybeans- and usually served in the pod. It is mostly served at Japanese restaurants as an appetizer.  It is usually served steamed and seasoned.

But this snack that I found is just the soybeans by themselves- and they are (like I said) dry, roasted, and lightly salted.

What are the benefits?
One serving is 1/4 of a cup and contains only 130 calories and 4 grams of fat.  BUT- it has 14 grams of protein! 8 grams of fiber and only 2 net carbs.

How to have them?
You can use them as just a snack (in place of almonds or nuts- for WAY less fat).  You can use them on top of your salad like I did the other day (delicious!). Or mix them in a trail mix!


They are made by Seapoint Farms and cost a whopping $1.68.  Thats right- all of that health and yummy snack for $1.68.  Look for them! They also come in a Wasabi flavor! (Which I also bought- they are really good too- but you will occasionally get one that has a LOT of wasabi on it and its like super intense flavor! but also yummy!)

Or if you can't find them- try edamame as a snack.  They are found in your frozen food section and are SO yummy!

Happy Snacking!

1 comment:

  1. I went there yesterday and bought some of those Wasabi edamame, and I LOVE them Hilary! Thanks for the great advice!

    ReplyDelete