Monday, November 16, 2009

Where To Go When You're Surfing The Web

Sometimes I sit down at my computer and forget completely what I was going to look up.  I know that there were a million things that I wanted to look at- but for some reason the second I sit down I become overwhelmed and end up just walking away until I can remember.  Although sometimes I will admit that I don't walk away and then I end up mindlessly searching through site after site looking at pointless information. Either way the internet can be a mess when you don't know exactly where you are going and what you are looking for. There are so many websites- and so many contradicting ideas to be found.  So- I am dedicating my entire blog today to sites that I have found (specifically dealing with health and wellness) that can be helpful in doing at-home workouts, finding great recipes, and learning about the latest important health info.


So here we go...


Women's Health Magazine -  This website has everything you could ever want!  Here you can find the latest healthy eating tips, at-home workouts, tips for running, and even different yoga routines.  


Vegetarian Times- For the last time: You do not have to be a vegetarian to enjoy vegetarian dishes.  Veg Times offers lots of veggie recipes that are great for the entire family.  And since you have started trying to eat one (or two) vegetarian meals each week- this would be the perfect place to find some new recipes!


Whole Foods- Everyone knows that I just love love love Whole Foods- but not just the store-  I love the idea of Whole Foods.  I love that Whole Foods is a place that you can find basically everything that you need to live a healthy, eco-friendly lifestyle.  However, not only can the store help you with this- but the website can also!  On their website they offer lots of special deals that they are currently having, advice for different diets (vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.), and also great recipes!  


And by the way- Whole Foods is running a special right now where if you buy your Thanksgiving turkey from them then you will get a dozen eggs, a package of bacon, a package of English muffins, and a carton of OJ FREE!! Wow!  


Natural Health Magazine- This is a great website for finding lots of natural remedies for aches, pains, or any other health problems that you may be having.  It also lists lots of different products and companies that are natural.  And once again- lots of yummy yummy recipes!


YogaJournal-  I have linked to this website several times.  It is really great resource for yoga poses.  You can actually go to the "pose finder" and set up a sequence of yoga postures and then print them out!  It also has lots of a great articles about yoga and the benefits of yoga.  There are also many links to great websites and blogs that you can find through YogaJournal.    I really like Yoga Buzz- which is under the blogs tab.  It has lots of short little blogs that are a quick read but still very intriguing.  


VegCooking Blog-  This is just a simple little blog with veg recipes on it! It usually includes pictures- that look amazing! Most of the recipes are fairly simple, always healthy, and look delicious!  It also has short little articles and interviews with chefs and other interesting people.


And finally this last website just has to do with life.  It is one of my favorite websites.  It keeps me informed about what is going on with the world and is a great way to stay involved.  There's a little something for everyone on it- and hopefully you all will enjoy it as much as I do.


Change.org-   From animals rights to healthcare this website has everything that you need to know to stay up with what's happening with our world.  There are so many awesome articles that encourage people to not only stay informed- but to get involved and make a difference.  One of the most recent articles that I found shocking was that being a woman is considered a "pre-existing" condition in the eyes of some insurance companies.  Check out the article here at "I Am Not A Pre-Existing Condition".  


I hope that these websites help you to not only become healthier but to help you stay involved and in touch with your food, your body, and your world. 




No comments:

Post a Comment